General terms & conditions
- All prices for accommodation in holiday apartments and holiday cottages are ex. bedding, towels and electricity.
> Electricity is charged on departure, based on consumption during the stay. Electricity rates are regularly adjusted to match the current market price. The current rate is DKK 3.50 per kwh.
> Linen packages, consisting of bed linen, one hand towel and one bath towel, can be pre-ordered or rented on-site for DKK 90 per package.
- Package stays (weekend breaks, convalescence holidays, conference stays etc.) are always inclusive of linen and electricity consumption.
- The following items are provided in your accommodation on arrival: 1 kitchen roll, 2 rolls of toilet paper, 1 dish cloth, 1 tea towel and 1 floor cloth. Dishwasher tabs, washing-up liquid etc. are not provided but can be purchased in reception, where it is also possible to purchase additional toilet rolls.
- All holiday apartments and cottages are non-smoking. Smoking in the accommodation is subject to an extra cleaning fee of DKK 1.500/unit. It is possible to smoke in "Fredspiben" our small pavilion which you will find in the courtyard.
- We have travel cots, high chairs and many assistive devices. Everything is available free of charge. Please contact us for your needs.
- End-of-stay cleaning is carried out by Feriecenter Slettestrand, but does not include washing up and tidying, which must be carried out by the guest before leaving the apartment.
- Dogs and pets are welcome in most of our holiday apartments and holiday cottages, although they are not permitted up on the furniture and in the beds, or in the restaurant's buffet area.
- The fee per pet is DKK 250 for extra cleaning.
- In the event that there have been pets on the furniture or beds, an extra fee will be charged for further cleaning and/or replacement of inventory that it can't be cleaned to the necessary standard.
- We have a few allergy-friendly apartments, where pets are not permitted. It is therefore important that you inform us at the time of booking, if you are bringing pets with you.
Arrival and departure
- Check-in is from 15:00, when your accommodation will be cleaned and ready.
- Departure from the accommodation and check-out no later than 11:00, where the key must be returned to reception and any outstanding bills settled.
- You are welcome to arrive earlier and stay later, as the holiday centre's facilities are available for use all day on both the arrival and departure days.
- Please inform reception in advance, if you will be arriving later than 18:00, as your accommodation may otherwise be rented out to another party.
- Unless otherwise agreed, an invoice for the full amount (100%) of your stay will be sent for payment prior to arrival.
- For cancellations more than 30 days prior to arrival, you will be liable for a DKK 300 cancellation fee per unit.
- For cancellations between 30 and 2 days prior to arrival, you will be liable for 50% of the full amount of your stay.
- For cancellations less than 48 hours prior to arrival you are liable for the full amount (100%) of your stay.
Cancellation of activities and mountain bike rentals
Booking of activities and mountain bike rental is binding. For cancellations, the following applies:
- For cancellations between 30 and 2 days prior to the start time, you will be liable for 50% of the price of the activity.
- For cancellations less than 48 hours prior to the start time, you will be liable for the full amount of the activity.
During your stay
As a guest staying at Feriecenter Slettestrand, you can make use of free Wi-Fi.
- Network: Slettestrand
- Password: slet2016
Shopping and groceries
At Feriecenter Slettestrand, we stock a small selection of snacks, drinks and ice creams in reception, and it is possible to pre-order fresh morning bread from the restaurant. Below we have listed some of the closest places to buy groceries:
- 1.9km from Slettestrand: Hjortdal Købmand, Hjortdalvej 142,- 9690 Fjerritslev. Open daily from 08:00–19:00 (20:00 during summer).
- 8.4km from Slettestrand: Dagli`Brugsen supermarket in Tranum, Tranhøj 4, 9460 Brovst
- 10km from Slettestrand: Fjerritslev has a good selection of supermarkets, for example SuperBrugsen, Netto, Aldi, Eurospar etc.
Feriecenter Slettestrand is located at Slettestrandvej 140, DK-9690 Fjerritslev. If you are arriving from the south by the motorway, we recommend that you take exit 33 at Haverslev and drive through Aars, Aggersund and Fjerritslev. You can find directions on Krak.
By public transport
If you are travelling here by public transport, you can take the train to Aalborg and then the no. 70 or no. 970X bus (see timetable here). A school bus (no. 560) runs from Fjerritslev. If you need to book a taxi, we recommend Vagn from Byens Taxi og Minibus, who can be contacted on tel. +45 9821 2327. Vagn also has buses with a lift.
Flixbus operate with routes to Fjerritslev from various destinations in Denmark.
We are located only 39km. from Aalborg airport. From Aalborg airport you have a wide range of flight connections all over the world, including daily flights to Copenhagen and Amsterdam.
If you are one of those especially energetic people and arrive by ferry in Hirtshals, we offer a good GPS route from Hirtshals to Slettestrand. Contact Esben for further information: tel. +45 3074 0778 or email@example.com.
EV charging station
It is possible to charge your electric vehicle during your stay at Feriecenter Slettestrand.
At Feriecenter Slettestrand we have two onsite charging stations from Clever, located in the car park by Havbadehuset. You will need a Type2 stik AC 11-22kW for you car - please note, you need to bring your own cabel! When using Clever's charging stations, you pay for charging your vehicle directly with Clever. If you already have a subscription with Clever, you can use it as normal with a Clever Go charging chip or through Clever's app.
If you don't have a subscription with Clever, you can still charge with most other subscriptions, either by scanning your chip or through the app. There will be an additional charge to your bill on top of the fast agreement you have - you will be able to check the price if you charge through the app. The Hubject agreement covers all Danish car importers, e-on, ionity and many more and is valid through the Eu.
If you are unable to commence charging with your existing agreement, you will need to install Clevers app, add a payment card and commence charging through Clever's app.
At our holiday complex, Den Gamle Smedje, there is an external 16A power plug. You will need to bring your own cabel! Payment must be settled in reception for DKK 3.50/kWh.
Please note, out electrical installations are not approved for emergency chargers, and therefore charging of EVs is only permitted from the official charging stations from Clever.
Smoking is not permitted in our holiday accommodation. It is possible to smoke in "Fredspiben" our small pavilion which you will find in the courtyard. We kindly ask all guests to not to smoke on the patio areas of our restaurant. Employeets of Feriecenter Slettestrand are not allowed to smoke on the property.
For enquiries regarding lost property, please contact reception on tel. +45 9821 7044 or firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed description of the item and where in the holiday center, you expect it might be found. If we are able to locate the item, we will happily return it by post or courier. Place an order for a shipping label with Postnord, GLS or DAO, and e-mail it to us at email@example.com. Once we have received the shipping label we will pack the item and hand it in for delivery.
Lost property is stored for 30 days, after which it will be handed in to the police. Unfortunately, we are not able to store lost property over longer periods of time.
Charges for handling of lost propert:
- The guest sends a shipping label by mail, after which we pack and send the item for a DKK 50 administration fee.
- Feriecenter Slettestrand places an order for a shipping label, packs the item and send it with GLS or DAO for DKK 150 including shipping label and administration fee.
We spend a lot of time finding and returning lost property time that could otherwise be spent serving our guests and ensuring they have a good experience during their stay in Slettestrand. We therefore strongly encourage all guests to carry out a thorough check of the holiday accommodation before departure - including all the drawers/cupboards, under the furniture and in the power sockets!
We are only human!
Please note that while we strive to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on our digital platforms and printed materials, there may be potential errors, omissions, or outdated content. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by these potential errors and appreciate your understanding.